At some point in everyone's life, certain difficult questions must be answered. Illness, incapacity, and death are uncomfortable topics. Legal preparations ensure that those we leave behind are protected as best we can.
A good estate plan helps you to deal with questions such as:
- Who will act as the Power of Attorney for your property?
- Who will act as the Power of Attorney for your personal care?
- Who will speak for you when you cannot speak for yourself?
- Who will care for your children? Your loved ones?
- Who will care for those dependents with special care needs?
The planning process encompasses important tools such as , and trusts. It is ongoing and should be reviewed after:
- Significant changes to your financial situation
- The birth of children
- Death in the family